Saturday, March 27, 2010

Captain's Wafers Assume Their Rightful Place


We have a vending machine where I work, and there is a new development I must report. I feel like we are a secret testbed for a new line of crackers that are too awesome for the rest of the world.

First, I must tell you that I like Lance crackers. The orange ones called "Toast-chee."

Second, Lance also makes the crackers called "Captain's Wafers" you get with your salad in a lame restaurant. They are buttery, like a rectangular Ritz. They are good.

Third, many years ago Lance came out with a Captain's Wafer and Chives (or something) pack of crackers for vending machines. It had some kind of potent mix in it that made it not right. When I get a pack of crackers, I want something bland and salty, like I would eat them in a trucker's hat.

Here's the thing -- the other day I went to our vending machine, and there were three kinds of Lance crackers based on the Captain's Wafers. They had "Grilled Cheese on Captain's Wafer" and "Peanut Butter on Captain's Wafer."

It was awesome. A new cracker day is dawning.

No comments: